October 06, 2011

October? ... WTF?!

There are times when normal people can forget what day it is.  I guess I'm not that normal, because I forgot what month it was ... until this morning ... when I realized that it wasn't September any more ... and that all the bills I was supposed to pay last Friday are now overdue ... so the credit card companies will get their overdue fees as an early Christmas present.

A lot of people I know say that they are "multi-taskers".  That they can do and remember many things at once.  Just for the record, these people are fucking liars.  Me ... I'm a monomaniac.  I do one thing at a time.  And sometimes it takes me weeks to get it done.

Three weeks ago, I decided that the side door to my garage needed to be replaced.  Then I decided that the garage walls needed to be insulated.  Then I decided that the exposed insulation looked weird, so I covered it over will wallboard.  Then, the wallboard looked strange without paint.  Then, what's a garage without a workbench?  Then, the whole area needed that man-sy "personal" touch. At one o'clock this afternoon, I finished.  And, of course, I can't wait to show you:

Before ... How Utterly Disgusting!

After ... One Thousand Hours of DIY Network Viewing Pays Off!

Anyway, the garage is just like my new MANCAVE!  Except, there isn't a flat screen, or a couch, or a refrigerator, or a bathroom.  And when both cars are inside, there's no room to turn sideways.

What the fuck ... it was the last project of the year.  Now I can kick back with my Tolstoy collection and enjoy the roaring fire in the fireplace.  Except that it's October 6th and it's 80 degrees outside.

Sonofabitch.

Well this can't last, and everyone loves Indian Summer, whatever that is.  Speaking of Indian Summer, I always enjoyed this Chicago Tribune editorial cartoon, which was first printed in the "Trib" in the autumn of 1368 ... I think:

"You thinks them thars haystacks, eh boy?"

"Gee Gramps, can I smoke some weed too?"

I couldn't find the original subtitles, but I'm almost certain that's what the captions were. Whatever. So, due to prior commitments, I probably won't be back before every one's favorite holiday ... Columbus Day!  But, just for all of you Italian fans, I've picked out a special recipe for you to enjoy on Monday.  It's a very unusual combination of seafood and cheese, named "Cheesio Christobal Colon" Here's a picture for you.  If you'll send me a self-addressed, stamped envelope and $5.99, I'll send you the recipe ...

Let's All Go To the Vomitoriam After Dinner! 

Next Post:  You're Guess Is As Good As Mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment