November 02, 2010

Nobody Predicts Me

Back in about, oh ... let's say July, I started to see the media ads increase for the November elections.  As it slowly dawned on me what absolutely awful choices there were for the offices of Governor and U.S. Senate, not to mention the lesser races, I told myself that I wasn't going to be brought to the level of holding my nose while I marked my ballot.  And I decided to sit this election out.

And as the weeks and months moved along, I remained convinced that my decision was the right one.  I didn't want to be responsible for any of the sorry lot getting into, or remaining in office.

That is, until last night.

I was watching one of the early evening news shows and one particularly smug reporter asshole confidently predicted that this guy ... and that guy were going to win because most people would stay home and not bother to vote.

That got me a little hot under the collar, so after work today I drove over to the village office in Antioch to vote, simply to upset that asshole reporter's ... and others ... worthless projections.  Turns out I wasn't the only one.  The pretty large parking lot was packed and people were parking on the streets and highway running past the facility.  And there were over 500 people inside, crushing each other for the chance to fill out a ballot.

And I hope when I wake up tomorrow morning and turn on the radio, that every single one of these carefully "polled" predictions were wrong.

I'm tired of people telling me what I'm going to do before I even do it.  Piss on you news media.

Or maybe that's the way they planned it ...

No comments:

Post a Comment