December 05, 2012

Cleaning Out The Old Photo Album

Occasionally, when I'm goofing around on the computer, I'll find a picture that I can't resist and I'll copy it into my photo album.  And from time to time, I'll go through the album, looking at family photos when I run across one of these strange pictures and wonder why the hell I saved it.

So, today I'm going through my album and deleting some pictures.  But, before I get rid of them, I thought I'd share ... because I love sharing.

I'm going to have a little fun with this first one and ask you all to play "Who the fuck is this guy?" Ready?  The answer will be below, but don't cheat and look until you've recited the "Final Jeopardy" theme in your head ...

I deal in jewels now ... instead of DEATH!

He's an old William Calley.  For those of you 50 years on this ball or older, you might remember him as Lt. William Calley, who was convicted for the massacre of tens of civilians in the village of My Lai during the Vietnam War.  Like I said, he was convicted, but I think he was pardoned soon after by then President Nixon.  He has a jewelry shop now.

Okay, I don't know why I saved this one, but I think I must have snorted out a laugh when I first looked at it ...

More tasty than "ordinary" Ramen noodles.

Ha, Ha!  It's funny because Chinese doesn't translate into English well.  Kind of like this one ...


So ... you know how you go into some guy's office and he's usually a supervisor and he's kind of a dick who needs to have those motivational posters on his wall that say shit like "Teamwork", and "Excel" and "Strive" and they always have pictures of eagles or a scull team on them?  Yeah, I despise those fucking things.  That's why I liked this one ...


Okay, one last picture from the album.  And there's a little story behind this one.  On St. Patricks Day of this year, Jan and I bought a new car, and we traded our old one off for it, which was a mistake.  Well, the car (a black 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix) had over a 100k on it, the transmission was acting like a bitch, and it was just a money pit.  So, I figured we wouldn't get much for it.  The Blue Book on it was 2 grand, and they offered me 1800.  I hate dealing and the salesman said they were just going to load it on a truck and send it to the auto auction, so I took it.

A couple of days later, I was looking on the dealer's website and saw this ...

Auto auction, huh?
YOU BASTARDS!

It was on sale for $9,739 ...  I about shit my pants.  I have to admit, that several days later the price went down below six thousand.  And who knows, maybe it did eventually end up at an auto auction.  Man, I hate car dealers.

And that's it for this edition of "Cleaning out my photo album".  These will be blown into the ether, and I'll probably spend the rest of the day downloading new ones so I can do this again in six months or so.

I can't help myself.

1 comment:

  1. They were trying to sell a ten-year-old Grand Prix for ten grand? Holy cow ...

    And all I could think of when I read the story on the first pic was "Talk about blood diamonds ..."

    ReplyDelete