March 01, 2011

Quandary

I see-sawed over what to title this post.  "Quandary" came to mind first, but I sort of forgot how to spell it, so I had to go to the dictionary, where I saw the word "Quandong", which looked like a neat title for a post.  However, "quandary" is an uncertainty over what to do in in difficult situation and "quandong", is an Australian tree, so I went with the first because "Australian Tree" would probably confuse my post even more than it already is now.

Anyway, did you ever notice how having a job really pisses with your leisure time activities?

After only seven weeks off, I was suddenly called back to Giant Pharmaceutical House to work in the job I left.  Guess they missed my sparkling personality.  Going back to work really puts a crimp in doing the things you really like to do.  I guess they call these "things" hobbies.

I've only had a few hobbies in my life.  I used to like to build model airplanes.  Then, I was a box wine connoisseur.  In the past several years, I've taken up blogging, and find that the absence of model glue fumes and alcohol, or the combination of both, is much better for my health.

But, for the past several weeks, I've found that getting up at 5 a.m., working until 4 p.m., driving home, making dinner, cleaning up dinner, laying on the floor digesting dinner while watching HGTV, The Science Channel and The Discovery Channel; then going to bed at 9 p.m. really, really puts a crimp in the old posting, even if I think I have something interesting to say.

Speaking of The Discovery Channel, has anyone watched that "Gold Rush" thingy? What a bunch of retards!  And I can't get enough of them!  I'm sure it's just a crush though.

For the first time since I've started this blog, I've felt something that's rather odd.  I feel "guilty" when I haven't posted anything in a long while.  And what's even more odd, is I'll bet I'm not the only one that feels this way.

A strange hobby indeed.

I figure that in a week or two, I'll be adjusted to the routine and can incorporate a little of my hobby back into the daily action.

But, if not ... there's always airplane glue and cheap wine saturated in migraine inducing nitrites.

Life is good.

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean. I only post once a week these days, but it's not because I'm at work or doing something interesting. I'm hybernating like a freaking impregnanted bear.

    I've got the give a shit of a 900lb crack whore.

    See? This comment has worn me out. Time for a nap.

    ReplyDelete