February 20, 2012

Very Random Monday Thoughts

There are times when I either don't have any stories, or I don't have the desire to tell them.  This is one of those times ...

I'm one of the few people on earth who never watched "The Office" on prime time television when it was "big".  I don't know why.  I either forgot, or everyone was gushing so much about it that I just refused to be pulled in.  I know it's still on prime time, but I also know that Steven Carell left.  And I'm not very interested to find out who took his place, but I'm sure they can't be any good.  Anyway, I started watching it in syndication, and find that it isn't really that funny.  In fact it makes me uncomfortable.  Am I the only one who thinks that the Steve Carell character is retarded?

About a year and a half ago, I went out to the mailbox and found a Maxim magazine there.  Believe me or not, I didn't order it.  Fifteen months later, it still arrives every month.  At first I thought that someone ordered it for me as a joke, but now I don't think so.  I think that there are certain publishing companies that just send their magazines to people to boost their circulation numbers.  I think this may have happened in my case.  I'd write them and tell them to stop sending me their rag, but it's too much trouble.  You may ask "Hey Rob, how is Maxim magazine anyway?"  Well, it's okay.  If you're twenty-six or something.  But I really can't get in to it.  Last month was kind of disgusting because they featured "JWoW" from that Jersey Shore thing.  She was really gross looking.

I went to the dentist this past Saturday to have my teeth cleaned.  I hadn't gone in a while and TMI, it was pretty disgusting.  The hygienist used something on me called a "cavitator ultrasonic cleaner", which is an exact version of what they use in heavy industry to cut steel.  It was pretty painful, especially when she missed the teeth.  The hygienist was very friendly and told me that I looked like that guy on "House".  I don't know if she was coming on to me or not, but I'm too old to care.  She didn't know what House's name was, so I told her it was Hugh Laurie.  She was very impressed at my "House" knowledge.  I didn't know whether or not to be flattered.  Maybe not.  Oh, and I need a crown.  Bummer.

Jan needs a new car.  The last time we bought one was in October, 2001.  I remember it specifically because people were still freaked out about 9/11.  In fact, while we were going through the experience of sitting around waiting for the financing to go through, a Muslim family came in and wanted to buy a car.  No one would wait on them.  In fact the woman salesperson told me that no one was going to wait on them.  I thought that was kind of weird, but I guess that's what fear and distrust is all about.  I hope things changed at the dealership.  It kind of had to.

One of the blogs I read is by a young lady who is trying to make blogging her business.  She tries hard, but I noticed tonight that she did another post about Freddy Mercury and how she dressed up at Halloween as him, complete with a mustache and chest hair.  She even has a picture.  This is about the 10th time she's done the Freddy Mercury thing.  I'm too nice to write her a note telling her she's went to the well once to often, but I don't do that kind of thing.  I don't think she reads this blog, but if she does ... well, sorry ... but you've went to the Freddy Mercury well once to often.  Also ... slow down on the Jeff Goldblum stuff.  Freddy's dead and Jeff is about 80 years old now.

And then there's the WhatABurger story.  But I'll leave that for a real post.

Next Post:  A Real Post!

No comments:

Post a Comment