July 02, 2009

20/20 Hindsight

Have you ever been in a situation where you were caught off guard by something someone said and you were just struck dumb for an answer?  And not only did the person catch you off guard, but the remark was so cutting that it literally sliced your very soul completely in half and it took you weeks to recover?

And then later, you come up with a half-dozen responses to said remark that were just killer and if only you had been on your game at that moment, your witty, murderous, cutting response would have just laid the offender flat out on the floor?

It's kind of late and as I was sitting here, my mind wandered back to an episode in my youth, that I have generally forgot about, but it still comes back to me from time to time.  So, as I was thinking about it, I suddenly came up with the response ...

"Yeah, well I would expect a slutty piece of trailer trash like you to expect something like that!"

Hah!  It may have taken me 36 years ... but I'll bet that cut you to ribbons!

No comments:

Post a Comment