June 04, 2009

Blogger Smackdown

After a hard day of house-husbanding, I was looking through a few blogs that I usually read, and a strange thing occurred.

One of the authors was lamenting the fact that she had lost a follower.  So, nice guy that I am, I wrote her a comment that since I read her posts every day,  I'd sign on to make up for the one she lost. While I was reading her other comments, I saw one from another blog that I read every day, trash talking me for quitting her blog!

Well shit, I thought she had dropped me as a follower because she thought my blog sucked, or I sucked, or both.  So then I had to hurry up and send her a comment and then sign back up as a follower on her blog.

This blogosphere ... or whatever the fuck you call it is more complicated than I thought it would be.  And anyway, these two are crying because they lost one follower?  Holy shit!  Take a good look at my follower list!  What do you see?  I'll tell you what you see ... Zilch! Zero! No followers!  I can't even get my own family and friends on my followers list!  I mean jesuschristonacrutch,  my son, my son's significant other, my friends and even my own wife won't sign up as followers!  And these women are bitching about losing one goddamned follower?

But these women are pretty interesting to read.  If you get a chance, check them out at Gwen Alison Wonderland and Yellow Trash Diaries. They're pretty funny.

Even if they are girls.

5 comments:

  1. Your whining has touched my heart. (I think J is following you in secret)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blogosphere is like high school, only we are all in band.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never followed your blog because I didn't know at the time you had one-- I thought you were one of my friend Christi's coworkers that she makes sign up. (The mysterious shadowy figures are usually coerced and there against their will) I figured you left because of all the vagina talk. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I get points for commenting before damnit. You're in my dashboard on blogger, but it's something I only catch once a week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I don't have any followers...I know, it's so *wordpress* of me.

    and @Logical Libby -- HAHAHA! So true...

    ReplyDelete