May 09, 2009

Late Night Thoughts


It's Saturday night, the Midnight Special is on the radio, and it's time once again for Late Night Thoughts. Brought to you this week by the fine folks at 20 Mule Team Borax!

I've gotta tell you, when I was screening potential sponsors this week, I was actually shocked that this shit is still being sold.  I thought it had went the way of the early 60's show "Death Valley Days", narrated by that great American, Ronald Reagan, who incidentally was also the spokesman for General Electric.  The things I remember ...

But, it's still around!  And I learned some exciting things about 20 Mule Team Borax!  For instance, did you know that it not only controls fleas, but you can make green slime out of it and use it to make clothing flame retardant?  This product is definitely "da bomb"!  And there is so much to tell you about 20 Mule Team Borax and borates in general, that I will save them for a future post, so stay tuned!

So, without further ado, here are thoughts that I actually think late at night.

*
Metra Rail Service will not take credit cards as payment for monthly passes, but when you write a check, you have to show them a credit card.

*
There's an old saying that goes "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink." What if I led the horse to a hydrant and stuck a fire hose in it's mouth?

*
I love buying stuff on line.  By the time it arrives, you've usually forgot you ordered it, and you're always pleasantly surprised.

*
Can life really be as simple as "Animal, Vegetable or Mineral"?

*
Time waits for no man, but man waits for no time if everyone is on time.

*
The Sambo's Restaurant chain had to be the earliest victim of the Politically Correct Movement.

*
I haven't accidentally cut my hand with a knife in such a long time, that the odds are stacked overwhelmingly against me.

*
Peter Weller is the best "B" actor in show business.

*
I've never had a Stuckey's Praline Bar.  I don't even know what a "praline" is.

*
Wouldn't life be dull if we released spores instead of having sex?

No comments:

Post a Comment